Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Waiting Game

I kind off knew this would be the hard part, but having to wait until next Wednesday to find out what I'm up against is already driving my crazy. I stayed home from work today although I did participate in couple meetings by conference call. My pain is pretty well controlled, but I'm trying to take it easy on the vicodin. Still working on improving my breathing. Bill is quite the task-master when it comes to doing the exercises. He's even co-opted Trent into making it a "game for the whole family" so there's no way I can say no! I'll be back at work tomorrow for at least a half day depending on how I feel. At the very least I need to pick up my laptop before I go nuts.

Went to Trent's first soccer practice last night. Go Hornets! Four & Five year olds playing soccer has got to be the best thing in the world for lifting spirits. Plus it's just plain hilarious to watch.

10 comments:

  1. Hey Abbey,

    My money is definitely on you! The uncertaintly and waiting has to be incredibly nerve racking- but hang in there. Please don't hesitate to ask us for any help. As for soccer, Sophia also had her first practice this season and you are so right- 4 and 5 year olds are a kick to watch. I really love watching the drill when the kids run backwards! Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my defense - the reason for making the breathing exercises a family activity is that I can finally beat Abbey in a competition.... Alas, as usual - I'm sure it won't last for long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abbey know the waiting is hard. I know you have craft projects that are probably stacking up like mine do. Make a list and finish some up, somehow when I write the list, it is so long I get busy.

    You are in thoughts
    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha...hey Abbey...you need to get on that breathing exercise thing and beat my big bro!!!! You can't let Bill win! LOL!

    Anywho...love you guys! Been thinkin about you guys lots! Stay stong! Give each other hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Abbey,

    Glad to hear that your procedure is over and that you are home! We are thinking about you both. Looking forward to our next visit with you guys to Sonoma/Napa!

    Love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. While we are all waiting for those results. Chuck and I went shopping on CHOOSEHOPE.COM for some things in the cancer sucks section and also the lymphona section. This is quite the sight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just caught on to the blog switch after wondering why you hadn't posted anything on the other one...

    Having been around Abbey for the last 33 years, there is no doubt in my mind that she will beat this thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey! that's 32 years, 11 months, and 8 days. I've still got 23 days to go before I hit 33! Don't you know you never age a woman in her 30s any faster than mother nature?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. No way... it's closer to 33 years, 8 months, and 8 days. Remember I was around at the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Abbey and Bill,

    This is Jim and Kel in the sunny Palm Springs area. It has been a while since Craig's wedding.... We will be thinking of you as you fight this thing successfully and please don't hesitate to call on us for any support we can offer.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete