Friday, August 29, 2008

Latest Update

Had a follow-up visit with oncology yesterday. The final pathology report on the bone marrow biopsy came back clear as expected so I am officially Stage 1. That's awesome because it puts me up at the highest percentage for a successful outcome.

The order for the echocardiogram was finally worked out and they tried to schedule me for 7:30 on Tuesday morning. I told them that I could reschedule a lot of things like vacation and miss a few meetings, but I would, under NO circumstances, miss Trent's first day of school so they were kind enough to reschedule for Wednesday! My next chemo session will be 9/8 assuming the bloodwork from yesterday comes back okay. After that I'll get another CT scan to take a peak at just how much this baby has shrunk!

For those who don't know, my birthday is Sunday and we've got a major bash planned. For one thing, the DeGraffenreid's are hitting to road tomorrow to head up north and join the fun. On top of that we've got friends coming from Seattle and Salt Lake City. That's all in addition to all the locals. Doesn't get much better than that! I'll probably be exhausted by the end, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm off to the airport to pick-up Jenny and Damiano! Should have some great pictures to post by the end of the weekend.

love, Abbey

10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the good news! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend! Yay! Lets party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Abbey! Who would ever have thought Stage 1 would be a great birthday present! It sure gives us all more hope for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't realize ampersand signs did that in previous note. Whoops, but now have it corrected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT news that the cancer is Stage 1, which is as good as cancer gets! I had stage 1 colon cancer 2.5 years ago. I am "watched" via periodic visits to my oncologist, but life goes on normally otherwise. That's the goal, and normality is where you're headed. HAPPY LABOR DAY!

    Best,
    Harvey (& Ellen) Leff
    Claremont, CA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Abbey !! Enjoy your party and I am so glad to read the good news about stage 1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Party was great, it was wonderful seeing friends and family enjoying good food and drink.

    I think that there were a few stage 1 hangovers, though....

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  7. No stage 1 hangover here thank goodness! That would be a bummer with the long drive home. hehe. I had a GREAT time! It was good to see you guys! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I wanted to let you know that I arrived in one piece at 11:50 SLC time. I hope everyone enjoyed the ice cream!
    Calvin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Abbey -

    I hope your birthday was a good one. The news from the docs sounds great! I hope we didn't scare you too much on Sunday with our rendition of "Happy Birthday". :-)
    I hope Trent has a great first day of school.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Abbey - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope that you guys had a great birthday celebration. Sounds like it was lots of fun. So glad to hear the news that you are officially stage 1, such a relief for you all. Take care and hope that Trent's first day was fun for him (and you)!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete