Thursday, August 14, 2008

Checking in...

... to the hospital.

Bill here. As it turns out, they like to do the first round of chemo as in-patient. Apparently, the latest generation of treatment starts breaking up the tumor so fast that they like to keep a very close eye on the "waste" products. This wasn't clear to us until 2:40 this afternoon. So, after Trent and I have soccer this evening, I get to go back to the hospital with PJs and movies to keep Abbey busy over the next couple of days while our buddy Lisa takes advantage of the Hi-Definition coverage of the Olympics with Trent.

I'm sure that Abbey will shortly be posting an entry. Check back soon.

love,

Da Soccer Boys (Trent and Bill)

5 comments:

  1. As it turns out, she actually did beat me to the punchline. We are still - Da Soccer Boys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbey, It is great news how treatable this is, and I know your attitude will help you. I am here for you - praying everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking in and reading the comments. It sounds like there are a lot of positive things going on. I hope treatment goes as well as can be expected. Bill, I'm off to Yankee Stadium tomorrow....I've never been and Kelly surprised me w/ the gift for my bday last weekend. I remember all of our trips to Angels games, so you, Craig, and the whole family will be in my thoughts this weekend.

    Jim Bruner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim,

    Back in the fall of 95, right after I moved to DC, Craig and I met up with his old roommate Pat in NY and went to a game at Yankee Stadium. It was a very fun place to see a game. Enjoy your trip and thank you (and everyone else) for such kind words and thoughts. But if you cheer for the Yankees, Trent will be upset.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's to breaking that beast up as quickly as possible and turning it into "waste products." Hope all is going well with the extended hospital stay. And, no worries; I, for one, won't be rooting for the Yankees or anyone else that would upset Trent (not to mention Carol!)

    Best to all,

    John

    ReplyDelete