Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back Home...

Hi All,

Abbey came back home this afternoon, around 3:00. She's handled the chemo well so far. She's tired, but this might be due to the overnight tests they had to run and the roommates that she's had. She's also had some nausea, but it seems to be mainly due to forgetting to take the medicine on time for this. All of the bloodwork seems great so far!

My cousin Jim and his family came by today. They are the only other DeGraffenreids outside of LA, they live near Carson City, NV. Had a very nice visit with them, the boys played some Wii, and we had a very nice tri-tip on the grill. We had hoped that Abbey's appetite might be suppressed so we could all have bigger shares of it, but no such luck. (Actually, I cooked two - I damn well knew that she wouldn't be able to pass up my tri-tip. )

The CT scans they ran on Thursday night came back negative - no other tumors (YEAH!) and, while we don't have a pathology report on the marrow biopsy, the head of the marrow transfer unit at the hospital looked at it and said that she didn't see any abnormalities.

Abbey and Trent are cuddling up in bed right now - oops, cancel that. Calvin just called, they're gabbing. I'm sure that she'll have a post for you all tomorrow. In the meantime, vote for her favorite hospital roommate. I'm not giving you any hints....

Bill

7 comments:

  1. Yay! Abbeys home! :-) Welcome home! Glad to hear you are doing so great & that the CT scan came back good! Thanks for the updates! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...my computer is acting up...sorry....that was me Sarah that just posted the comment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're home Abbey and that the CT scan showed no other tumors. If I'd known you were out of hospital I'd have called to see if you wanted to come check out a knitting group with me this morning. See you soon.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey--sorry I didn't get a chance to call ya back this weekend while you were stuck in hospital land...I've been getting a weird delay on my voicemails. Anyway, glad you're home and I'll call this week. We're excited to see you in person in less than 2 weeks!!!!
    Luv,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abbey, Glad that you are doing so well and the CT scan came back with good news. C=C
    Susan Shuping

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang, we were there and I still don't know how to vote. She wasn't much of a yakker when we were there, so I'll have to go with moaner...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been there...done that! All I can say is that it gets easier and your hair will grow back. (curly)

    Keep up the blog....love reading them as it brings back some wonderful memories....smiles.

    ReplyDelete