Monday, November 10, 2008

Enough with the nagging!

Okay, okay . . . I know I've been remiss in keeping everyone updated. Hasn't anyone ever heard that no news is good news? In my case it means I've been doing so well there's nothing to talk about!

Anyhow, I'm here now and I'm currently hooked up to chemo cocktail #5. That's good news for a couple reasons. First, my doctors have officially decided that I will only need 6 cycles of chemo so that means only 1 more to go! Second, my blood counts from Saturday were too low so they had to recheck again this morning. They were still below my doctor's parameters, but my nurse talked him into it. So here I sit for the next 4-5 hours listening to the hum of the infusion pump.

I'm in the process of getting appointments scheduled for my radiation therapy. If all goes well I should be able to start immediately after my last chemo. That chemo will tentatively be Dec. 1. That means I could be completely done with treatment by Christmas Eve. Talk about a present!

I'm getting very excited about heading down to LA on Thursday. The Lymphomathon is finally here! The A-Team is still the top fundraising team with over $6000, but we're looking to go higher. If you have been thinking about making a contribution there's still time! Just click the link to "The A-Team Lymphomathon Page" under the Links to Cool Stuff section on the left. I also got an email from a woman at the Lymphoma Research Foundation asking I would be willing to be interviewed by a local community cable station before the walk. I'll see about getting access to the video and post it or a link here in the blog.

The t-shirts arrived on Friday and look great! For those I won't be seeing this weekend, I'll try to ship them out before I go. I think that's all the news from here. Can't wait to see the family this weekend! We're all looking forward to a great time.

Abbey

4 comments:

  1. Go Abbey! That sounds like really great news and a really great Christmas present! Have a great time at the run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so glad to hear things are going so well! We are very excited to see you, Bill and Trent this weekend! Take care and hugs to all!
    Love,
    Julie, Mort, Josh and Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo...can't wait for this weekend! I'll see you guys soon. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abbey -- good to hear things are going well. We're thinking of you!

    Trond & Sacha

    ReplyDelete