Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

First, a big thanks to everyone who was here to make my birthday so fabulous! Hope you all had as much fun as I did.
So, my hair started falling out late last week so I decided to get a really short cut in hopes of slowing things down . . . didn't work. But, the cut was super cute (thanks to my personal hair stylist) for the party and has given me ideas for the future. The hair started coming out faster and faster everyday and man, do I have a lot of hair! I decided to finally do something about it today and I'll let you see the results below.


GOING . . .




GOING . . .





GONE!


In other news, I made it through an entire week of work last week, first one since early July! Of course, then Typhoid Trent struck and gave me the first cold he's had in 6 months. I'm still trying to kick it and avoid any other germs in the process. I'm trying to gear up for my next chemo treatment on Monday. It will be outpatient this time, but still through a peripheral IV. They will consider placing the port after they get a look at the CT scan which is scheduled for the 16th.


In general, things are going well and we're all settling into a few new routines; Trent at school and me in chemo, but we're adjusting quite nicely. We're looking forward to crushing on the 2008 vintage this weekend. Mmmmmm . . . 2 tons of Cabernet Franc!




11 comments:

  1. Bald and beautiful...still looking good! Had a great time at the party. Enjoy your weekend! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always my dear! I'm glad you're feeling well! We need to get you a Nerf gun to fight this cancer! :)

    Love,

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a great time last weekend for your birthday, and of course there is never a lack of food, when you have a party. It was great seeing you again. You've made an amazing progress with all the swealling and breathing problems since we saw you in July. You will have this behind you before you know it. You can even sleep in, not having to do your hair for now. Bald is beautiful, well at least on you, Bill may be a different story.
    Love, Chuck and Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so cute with no hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a great time at your party! We are happy to hear all the good news you are getting, too! You look beautiful! Have a restful weekend and we will be thinking of you!
    Love,
    The Dorris gang

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Abs,
    Can we rub your head for luck when we see you!!!
    Now it's Bill's turn. I may even shave my head.
    Seriously, here's to your next chemo session going well!
    Calvin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abbey, you probably don't recall this but when you were at Georgia Tech you and your parents stopped at our house in SC for a brief visit. Since I've know your parents since we were kids and we've stayed close, I was stunned this summer to learn of this fight you're in! But having followed your many successes as you grew up and charted your own course in life, I'm confident you'll win. Your mom told me about your blog when I was in CT (Connecticut, not CT as in Scan) a couple of weeks ago. I'm so glad you're doing this. I'll check it often. Keep up the good work, and when your spirits flag, get mad as hell and fight some more! Linda Law

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Very Demi Moore like:)
    Glad you are doing so well.
    Hope the Chemo is not bad this go around.

    C=C
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't Bill losing his hair as well? At least Abbey has a reason and knows that her hair will grow back! Bill, my friend, you don't have any such hopes, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Abbey,
    Probably you won't remember me but I am one of the pipers of your Dad's sailing sabbatical and an ex Anah Temple Highlander.
    I hope your recovery is well underway! I only wanted to let you know that there is life after cancer...I have been there twice. Keep up the fight, never, ever give up and remain as strong as you
    have been. Continue to amaze all your friends and family with your strength.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great, girl. Oddly enough, I lost most of my hair, too. Not from chemo, obviously, but probably just from the trauma. It will grow back for you just fine. Mine has. And now I have it short which is way easier!

    Hang in there, we're thinking of you.
    And thanks for the blog to help us keep up with you.

    Love,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete